These are the standard Terms & Conditions for video projects with Sean Bradford Media (SBM). If you would like alternative terms for your project, I am happy to discuss them.
Ownership of Copyright/Copyright Licence
1. The final video or images will be copyrighted to SBM unless otherwise agreed. Any footage and logos included in the animation will remain copyrighted to their respective owners.
2. The Client is granted a license (the full terms of which are agreed on between the Client and Sean Bradford) to use the animation and motion graphics.
3. SBM will not license the animation created specifically for the Client for use by any other parties.
4. If music is supplied, it will be copyrighted to SBM who will grant the Client a license to use the music in the context of the video
5. SBM reserves the right to display and link to the Client's completed project as part of their portfolio and to write about their project on their website or other relevant places related to animation. Sean Bradford will notify and request permission from the Client before displaying the completed project artwork.
6. The Client shall pay all invoices upon receipt. Interest at a rate of 2% per month is payable on any balance unpaid after 30 days of the date of invoice.
Payment is to be made in 2 instalments. A 50% deposit at the start of the project and the remaining 50% paid upon completion when relevant.
7. If the commission is cancelled before the completion date, a percentage of the first payment will be retained depending on the amount of work completed so far and any outstanding amount invoiced. If no work has been undertaken and it is cancelled, the total amount will be refunded.
The Client will be offered an option of a 7 day cooling off period from the contract agreement and deposit payment.
8. SBM shall seek to deliver the artwork to the Client by the agreed date and shall notify the Client of any anticipated delay at the first opportunity. SBM shall not be liable for any consequential loss or damages arising from late delivery of the artwork.
Changes and Revisions
9. If the Client changes the brief and requires subsequent changes, additions or variations we may require additional consideration for such work and charge accordingly for additional work and possible expenses.
10. Except where the artwork is based on reference material or visuals supplied by the Client or where otherwise agreed, SBM warrants that the artwork is original and does not infringe any existing copyright.
11. The Client warrants that any necessary permissions have been obtained for the agreed use of material supplied by the Client and shall indemnify SBM against any and all claims and expenses including reasonable legal fees arising from Sean Bradford and associates' use of any materials provided by the Client or its customer.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the law of the Republic of Ireland and may not be varied except by agreement in writing. The parties hereto submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.